Friday, February 24, 2012

A winning photograph from the Sahara

SAIS Bologna student Rilind Latifi was camel trekking in the Sahara during the semester break in January. It was early in the morning. The sun was just over the horizon. Here's what he saw:


With this creative photo, he won the 2nd annual "Show Your SAIS Pride" photo contest.

What inspired Rilind?

“It was early in the morning, actually just after sunrise, and I was taking pictures of other people when I noticed my own shadow," said Rilind, who comes from Kosovo.

"I wrote SAIS on the sand and then waved at my own shadow while trying to balance the camera with the other hand. I like how it turned out as my shadow is super long because the sun was not very high.”

The judges liked it, too.

For more winning photographs from the contest, click here.

Nelson Graves


No comments:

StatCounter